Albion 1-3 Ballincollig

Albion are looming all too close to the relegation zone after a home 3-1 defeat to Ballincollig yesterday. On a losing streak of 4 in a row, Albion went in to the game as underdogs as Ballincollig have started to make a promotion push of late. Though in the opening 45 minutes you would think it was the other way around. Ballincollig did take the lead after a shocking decision from the referee to leave a blatant offside goal stand when the player collected a pass while standing on the end line with no defender near him. You couldn’t be any more offside, but the ref decided the let the goal stand to the frustration of the Albion lads. They did almost square the game when JP Hayes was put through and finished over the top. Tim Harrington was unlucky with a shot on also which forced a corner. Ronan O’Driscoll worked well with Martin El-Sahen & Tim on an attack which left Ronnie with a shot headed for the top corner when the keeper got a late hand to it. James O’Driscoll had Albion back at 1-1 with a lovely left footed half volley just before half time.

Albion worked a lovely move from kick off with Tim nearly through on goal which forced another corner. Against the run of play Ballincollig scored when their winger sent a shot through which unfortunately squeezed under stand in keeper Deccy Murray. 2 minutes later their midfielder, all too easily, ran through 4-5 Albion players to make it 3-1 completely wrong footing Deccy in the goal. Ballincollig took more of a hold on the game as some heads dropped with the home team. Albion created a few more chances but nothing to trouble Ballincollig.

Another bad day at the office that has De Courcey Albion on a losing streak with all the signs of a squad lacking confidence.

Team: Murray, D Daly, D Coleman (N Twomey ’70), O’Donovan, J Daly, El-Sahen (O’Donnell ’65), Hayes, Ryan, J O’Driscoll, R O’Driscoll, Harrington. Subs. M O’Connell, D O’Hare.

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *