UCC 1-7 Albion

De Courcey Albion stormed into round 4 of the AOH Cup after a convincing 7-1 hammering of UCC. Tim Harrington got things underway in the 2nd minute when he broke clear & blasted the ball to put Albion 1 up. 5 minutes later Rob O’Donovan made it 2-0 when he flicked past the keeper. Conan Dillon & John Hipwell were running midfield and causing all sorts of problems for UCC as they used the wings well. On 20 minutes Ger O’Connell was judged to have handled the ball inside the box leading to a UCC penalty which was saved to the low left by stand in keeper Martin Ryan who parried it, the follow on shot was brilliantly blocked by Jody MacNamara. Albion were dominating the game playing some good football & made it 3-0 when JP Hayes played a great through ball to Rob O’Donovan who crossed in for Darren Daly who headed home. Daly was unlucky 2 minutes later when he smashed the ball off the bar and was denied his 2nd. Half time 3-0.

Albion started the half well with another goal courtesy of Tim Harrington & soon after completed his hat trick when he pressured their keeper into a mistake and tapped the ball in. Albion switched to 3-5-2 formation after this but conceded quickly when John Hipwell was fouled the ref gave the free against him. Some confusion & a lack of concentration left their striker with a tap in on the line. John Hipwell went off with a badly swolen & cut foot from the foul but Albion continued their dominance & John Duggan was on hand to get their 6th with a brilliantly placed top corner shot which the keeper got a hand to & spilled it in. Harrington turned provider for the 7th with a cross that found Martin El-sahen who finished cooly to let Albion walk away with a 7-1 win.

Team: M Ryan, J MacNamara, J O’Driscoll (M El-sahen ’60), C O’Donovan, G O’Connell, JP Hayes, R O’Donovan (J O’Riordan ’55), J Hipwell (J Duggan ’62), C Dillon, D Daly, T Harrington.

Subs not used: K O’Neill, D Murray.

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *